Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Photographers Insanity, I Learned From That

What is the definition of insanity? "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results". In life this is true, but as a photographer I realized I can photograph the same scene or subject, and get different results every time.

                                    

Exhibit A
Exhibit B


Both photo's were taken at the same location, but at a different time of the day. The first photograph was taken in 2006 the second in 2013. Each photograph evokes a different emotion. By changing the position of the two small islands in the frame of the picture, it will naturally produce different results. Weather also plays an important role. The reason I decide to blog about this topic, sometimes I say to myself, I've photographed this before, I want new material. But in reality I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of this location. If you asked ten photographers to photograph this scenic location you would get ten different interpretations. And that's the beauty of photography. "I learned from that".

No comments: